I practice psychodynamic psychotherapy, which is an in-depth approach, aimed at understanding our inner lives. I am interested in how behavioural and emotional patterns that developed earlier in life can affect our present; perhaps leading to unhelpful ways of relating to ourselves and others. Gaining insight into such self-limiting patterns can open up new ways of thinking, and bring about change, resilience and personal growth.
What kind of problems can be helped with therapy?
- Stress and anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Bereavement and loss
- Issues around identity and sexuality
- Dilemmas around parenthood
- Difficulties in the workplace
- Difficulties in forming and maintaining personal relationships
- Lacking a sense of purpose in life
- Eating Disorders